Mon, Nov 07|
MVP (My Virtual Pitch) Competition Registration
Do you have a bright idea for a new business? Need funding to get it off the ground? Are you a current Fanshawe College student? Register now and put your best 2-minute pitch to the test for a chance to win $1500 in cash prizes! Spaces are limited.
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST – Nov 24, 2022, 11:59 p.m. EST
About the Event
MVP is our annual virtual business pitch competition. Students submit a 1 to 2-minute video pitch showcasing their best business idea for a chance to win a maximum of $1500.
There will be a winner awarded in each category (Product or Service), plus a “Fan Favourite” will be selected based on the highest number of votes received during the online voting period.
We welcome applications from all current Fanshawe College students: any school, any program, and any campus.
- $1000 for best Product Pitch
- $1000 for best Service Pitch
- $500 for People's Choice Champion
- Registration Deadline - November 24
- Submission period - November 7 to December 9
- Craft Your Perfect Pitch Workshops - November 23 & 24 from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Fan Favourite voting - December 12 to 18
- Winners Announced - December 19 @ 4:00 pm
Not sure how to make a great pitch video?
We have you covered. We have two educational workshops and coaching sessions available to help you create a pitch that you can be proud of and is sure to get our judge's attention.
- All participants must be current students of Fanshawe College.
- All people in a pitch video must submit a signed Video/Photography release waiver for the pitch to be considered.
- All pitches must comply with the Student Code of Conduct.
- All videos must comply with the current London/Middlesex Public Health Guideline, specifically surrounding COVID-19.
- Fanshawe College provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If an applicant requires accommodation during the MVP Competition process Leap Junction and Accessibility Services will work with the applicant to meet the applicant's accommodation needs. Please allow ample time for interpretation services. Request it early.
All MVP pitches are to be targeted at your customer and will be judged on the following criteria:
- Who Are You?: Did they introduce themselves and their program?
- Target Customer: Is the target customer clearly identified?
- Problem/Need: Is the problem or need of the target customers clear and is there a real problem or need?
- Solution: Is the proposed solution (your product/service idea) clear?
- Market Potential: Is the size of the industry identified in size (units) and/or $$$?
- Uniqueness: Does the solution solve the problem or satisfy a need in a unique manner compared to any alternatives or potential competition?
- Benefits and Features: Were the overall benefits and features of the product/service identified clearly?
- The Ask: Did they ask the audience to take a clear action?
- Clarity and Communication: Is the overall presentation clear and was it communicated well?
- WOW Factor: Was there anything that really stood out and impressed you? Did they tell a story? Cool editing or video? (bonus points)
More clarity on each of these criteria is explained in the Perfecting Your Pitch workshop.
More Information and Questions
- Please visit our EVENT DETAILS PAGE for more information and to access our online resources.
- If you have any additional questions please email us at email@example.com
~ Good Luck :)
Get Your Ticket
you will be submitting a pitch for the MVP Competition$0.00
Not pitching - just looking to receive updates on the event!$0.00